Thread: Bosch 3000 & WE800EV2 Disable relay outputs when alarm is armed?

Thanks

Default Bosch 3000 & WE800EV2 Disable relay outputs when system is armed?

Hi All

Recently installed a Bosch 3000 with WE800EV2, one of the relays on the WE800 operates the garage door.
    We have a PIR sensor installed in the garage and the Mrs. keeps opening the garage door without disarming the system, therefore setting it off.

Do i have a dodgy WE8000EV2 as i would've thought outputs would be disabled when system is armed or is there a way to disable these outputs through programing?

If above is not possible I've read on a Bosh thread its possible to operate the garage from the onboard relay (output4).

Hopefully then it will be possible to disable Output 4 when the system is armed? Can someone please help out with the programing in A-Link?

Also i currently have 2 x internal piezo connected to output 4 which would now operate the garage, can i wire the piezo's into output 2 as its spare and reconfigure it in A-Link?

Cheers Legends

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The WE800Ev2 is a standalone remote kit with relays, which the remotes link with. There is no link between the WE800 relays and the main panel, so it can not be disabled. The remotes don't link to the panel, only the WE800.

Put the garage sensor on entry delay zone type.

The better option for this would be the Sol 6000 panel which has a "block if armed" option for outputs.

Otherwise with the 3000 it might be possible if you used the Radion radio receiver and remotes, which would then link to a main panel relay for garage door output. But I think the only way it would work will be using 2 relays. 1 for garage door and
    1 for armed status which would go to an add on relay to link the garage door output in series with. So when armed the add on relay contacts would prevent the garage door trigger working.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

Tyss (03-04-24)

Thanks

The WE800 has a 12V input that is normally supplied by the 3000 board 12V outputs, to power the WE800 on-board relays. You can provide this 12V via the Relay output on the 3000, rather than directly from the 3000 12V outputs. Place the Relay link on the 3000 between +12V and C, install a wire between the Relay NC terminal and the WE800 12V input, and program the Relay output to be Normally Open, going Low when system is Armed. This will prevent the WE800 relays operating when the alarm is armed. You would also have to move the piezos to a different output and program that output accordingly. Some Bosch 3000 programming and hardware experience is required to do this.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alarmman For This Useful Post:

secure (03-04-24),Tyss (03-04-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alarmman View Post
    The WE800 has a 12V input that is normally supplied by the 3000 board 12V outputs, to power the WE800 on-board relays. You can provide this 12V via the Relay output on the 3000, rather than directly from the 3000 12V outputs. Place the Relay link on the 3000 between +12V and C, install a wire between the Relay NC terminal and the WE800 12V input, and program the Relay output to be Normally Open, going Low when system is Armed. This will prevent the WE800 relays operating when the alarm is armed. You would also have to move the piezos to a different output and program that output accordingly. Some Bosch 3000 programming and hardware experience is required to do this.
    Thanks Alarmman, newish to Bosch gear but have a general understanding of electronics so believe I'm following what you're saying (please confirm)
    Essentially we are turning off the 12v power to the WE800 when the alarm is armed? Would this not then make the wireless key fobs connected to the WE800 unable to disarm the alarm as it has no power?

Also with the piezos are you able to explain why they are wired through output 4 (relay)? I've read its commonly done through output 4 as doing it through output 1-3 it will create a hum?(but can be overcome with a resistor). Just wanting to confirm it isn't due to any other issues (currently limitations of the 3000 . ect)

Thanks Again
    Last edited by Tyss; 03-04-24 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    The better option for this would be the Sol 6000 panel which has a "block if armed" option for outputs.
    Thanks for the reply Secure.
    I was just playing around in A-link outputs sections and found an "event code" "2,13 Radio Control Output 1 - not in AWAYMode"
    Fingers crossed this will sort it out if i run the garage directly off output 4 of the 3000.

Away from home at the moment will have a crack in a couple of weeks

Any thoughts?
    Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyss View Post
    Essentially we are turning off the 12v power to the WE800 when the alarm is armed? Would this not then make the wireless key fobs connected to the WE800 unable to disarm the alarm as it has no power?

Also with the piezos are you able to explain why they are wired through output 4 (relay)? I've read its commonly done through output 4 as doing it through output 1-3 it will create a hum?(but can be overcome with a resistor). Just wanting to confirm it isn't due to any other issues (currently limitations of the 3000 . ect)

Thanks Again
    The 12V supplied to the WE800 is only to power the relays, as they are 12VDC relays. The WE800 itself is powered via the 3-pin bus cable between it and the 3000. So it doesn't affect the arming or disarming of the alarm via the keyfobs.

The piezos can be wired to any output. Wire the negative of the piezos to any available Output 1-3 (Output 2 is usually spare) and program the output the same as what is currently programmed for the Relay output ("Sirens Running"). The positive of the piezos goes to AUX. Put a 3k3 resistor across the piezo wires at the 3000 terminals to quench the small leakage voltage that would otherwise cause the "hum" you mention.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Secure.
    I was just playing around in A-link outputs sections and found an "event code" "2,13 Radio Control Output 1 - not in AWAYMode"
    Fingers crossed this will sort it out if i run the garage directly off output 4 of the 3000.

Away from home at the moment will have a crack in a couple of weeks

Any thoughts?
    Cheers
    Event code 2,13 only applies if you are using a Bosch Radion receiver. It has no effect if you use the WE800. Having said that, it only works for the Radion receiver when the alarm is armed in AWAY mode, not any of the STAY modes. So you can still open the garage door in STAY mode even if that event code is used. The way I proposed earlier will stop the garage door operating via the keyfobs in both AWAY and STAY modes.

Thanks

Absolute legend Alarmman, that all makes sense.

Appricate your help very very much.

Thanks again

Thanks

Alarmman's suggestion might be the easiest way. I forgot about the 12v feed to the WE800 relays.

Thanks

Also with the piezos are you able to explain why they are wired through output 4 (relay)? I've read its commonly done through output 4 as doing it through output 1-3 it will create a hum?(but can be overcome with a resistor).
    Just on this subject, if your external sounding device is a horn speaker connected to Output 1, it will work fine. If instead you have a 12V DC siren/strobe combo connected to Output 1, you should change the Event Code for Output 1 from 1,14,0 (Horn speaker) to 1,15,1 (Sirens Running). Event Code 1,14 is designed to drive a horn speaker with a modulated voltage, rather than constant 12V. So a DC siren connected to Output 1 with Event Code 1,14 will sound warbly and weird. Also, if using a DC siren, from experience it's worth adding a 3k3 resistor across it at the panel terminals, similar to what I suggested for the piezos, to quench any output leakage voltage that may cause the DC siren to randomly "click".