Thread: Picking a new laptop with thunderbolt 4

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Picking a new laptop with thunderbolt 4

Good afternoon on a cracking Melbourne day
    I need a new laptop and I need to run the local screen plus two (2) additional touchscreens externally

The 2 external touchscreen’s just need to be 1920x1080 fhd

If i get a good quality docking station with 2 hdmi and 2 usb and that docking station connects with thunderbolt 4 protocol do I necessarily need to get a super high spec gaming machine for the graphic/screen processing for the 2 external touchscreen’s and the local laptop screen to still function reasonably well or will anything that supports thunderbolt 4 be sufficient?

My plan is to basically run just 1 user application called magicq pc which is a professional dmx lighting control software package

Any advice appreciated
    Thank you
    Mike
    Last edited by mrtor; 17-03-24 at 05:32 PM.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,079 Times in 3,349 Posts

I run two screens on an old I5 computer with no issues. So I'd suspect that three would not be a problem at all. Unless the software you are using is super fussy. Check the specs of the software and system requirements. Given that you also want touch screen capability, I'd be checking the system requirements of the screens, too.

I'm no expert in this field so, please wait for someone here who may be more knowledgeable of you specific needs.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I run two screens on an old I5 computer with no issues. So I'd suspect that three would not be a problem at all. Unless the software you are using is super fussy. Check the specs of the software and system requirements. Given that you also want touch screen capability, I'd be checking the system requirements of the screens, too.

I'm no expert in this field so, please wait for someone here who may be more knowledgeable of you specific needs.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond

Appreciate it
    Mike

• The Following User Says Thank You to mrtor For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (20-03-24)