Thread: Wondows 10 Pro 64 using with the latest DVB Dream 3.7.2

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Wondows 10 Pro 64 using with the latest DVB Dream 3.7.2

Have been using DVB Dream on my satellite stuff since 2015 using 2.7.0 version of that date and all of them CRASH a little but the Latest version DVB Dream 3.7.2 ( yes the first one that I have paid for) using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (not Win 7 64 bit) CRASHES a lot I mean a lot. It always start 100% of the time but if I change the Satellite or change channels two or three time it CRASHES and I have to exit it pronto. Also when I scan It crashes 50% of the time.

Scanning tool EBS PRO NEVER CRASHES
    The Old Smart DVB NEVER EVER Crashes, Its Very good but it Scanning is 4 to 5 times slower that does effect me to get what I want quickly.

NOW THE BIG Question. EBS Pro and Smart DVB when you install them you can put them on any drive away from the operation system "EG' D, or E, or other drive AWAY from C Drive where the Win 10 Operation system is but when DVB Dream is installed it put it in the same folder where Windows 10 lives. Do you think DVB Dream issue are caused by having it live with the Operating System or it can be happy if I install it on another drive away from the operating system. By the way I'm sick of install it. Not 100% sure if DVB Dream can be installed on a separate drive.
    I have re-installed DVB Dream at least 5 times in the last month or so.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,550 Posts

Seeing as you paid for it, you're entitled to file a bug report....

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Seeing as you paid for it, you're entitled to file a bug report....
    Have no tried that But I have taken notice from others that have reported a bug and still waiting for a reply for months or more.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Have no tried that But I have taken notice from others that have reported a bug and still waiting for a reply for months or more.
    That's the problem with 'closed source' software ~ no one can review it, build their own debug versions, or figure out how to improve it....and is why I don't deal with it =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    That's the problem with 'closed source' software ~ no one can review it, build their own debug versions, or figure out how to improve it....and is why I don't deal with it =)
    Found this WARNING!!! cbV: The PIP handle related to the PES packet received couldnt be found, handle:2 pid:516

Outside this all is clear on . Yes all I did is change the channel.

Thanks

On the Log folder I have 5 different logs
    BDA
    BDAEXT
    ds_mng
    dvbdream
    streader

The problem was in dvbdream

Thanks

Looking at that log it made me change from the Streamreader device to BDA device and after this everything works 99%. See when you buy this dvbdream 3.7.2 it comes with nothing just the old stuff. You have to update the LAV filters because the old ones are stale and you have to update the streamreader.dll because the old one, the one you pay for brings horrible blue screen of death on windows 10. So I had to contact CrazyCat and get an updated Streamreader.dll which fixed the blue screen plus for the first time I can do a blindscan. See the original Streamreader.dll would not blind scan on Blindscan 2 but now with the new Streamreader.dll that is roughly 2500kb instead of 1900kb, it works good but you have the continual freezing, shutting itself down, not responding, all the issues. It is very unstable. Also the signal meter and quality meter down the bottom does not work at all on Streamreader.dll/streamreader device but works perfectly on BDA. But unfortunately BDA recognises I have 4 inputs on my card. BDA works perfectly so far on everything except it does not blind scan at all (either blindscan or blindscan 2). The spectrum proves this, its just a flat line. The issue seems to be the Streamreader device interface. I have to contact CrazyCat and tell him whats going on.

Thanks once again. Thank you for tipping me to look at the log because if there is no log I would never have had the problem with the device itself.